Tuesday, February 13, 2007

DCM's little extra - 1970's lives on!

Now, for our extra little dare this week at Daring Card Maker's we thought it would be fun to step back in time and make a card inspired by a particular decade - so we'd like you to think "the 70s" - remember all that brown and orange wallpaper? Flower Power? Hippy Chicks through to the beginnings of Punk Rock? It was all there - and if you haven't a clue what we're on about - well the internet is a wonderful thing for finding out!
Oh what fun I was born in 1970... what a great year that was....well at least I hope so... you might just have to ask my mum & dad.... LOL!!!
Hippy Hippy Groovey Chicky bits for this card are - Basic Grey PP, Heidi Swapp Blossoms, cardstock, Paper Flowers, gorgeous retro orange ribbon, 3L photo corners, epoxy letter stickers, brad & yes I sewed through the ribbon with my machine... I hope this takes you back to great times... I know the 70's for me were all about fun... TTFN Gillian :o)
So have you dared to DARE yet...... COME ON I DARE YOU!!!!!

21 comments:

Kim said...

Gillian, this is awesome!! I really like pink and orange together, and the flowers add such a wonderful touch! Thanks for sharing and for your inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

Thats so funky!! Love your little poppet too;)
hugs,Monique

Rika said...

This is cheerful and very pretty!

Tammy said...

Hi Gill, Gorgeous card I hope it cheers its little recipient up a bit, I'm sure she will love the colours and that big flower.

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific looking card...bright and cheery!

Anonymous said...

Gillian....i love this. it is so fun and has such a happy feeling to it. It will definitely cheer someone up :o)

Megan said...

Fabulous colours and design Gillian!

Anonymous said...

The layers of the flower look great!!!

Anonymous said...

This is GORGEOUS! Can I come pick some of your flowers???!! lol.

Go you on the Poppit trend too - very cute.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is so groovy - I actually remember having wallpaper similar to this in my bedroom lol. Fab card and I'm sure it would cheer anyone up!

artfulstampin said...

Lovely happy colours, enough to make anyone feel better... i am still stroking my piece of that paper!

Sheila said...

Oooooooooooh a smiley happy card Gillian. I just love it......and yes.......to my embarrassment I do remember brown and orange wallpaper with flowers the size of dinner plates......we had it in the lounge when I was a child......enough to traumatise you for life it was......ugh!!!

Anonymous said...

You just amaze me Gillian! So funky, fun and totally 70's! Not that I would remember the 70's...I was born in 74!!!!

jaki said...

Love your card Gillian, I remember about as much as you, I was born in 1969 so the 70's were carefree and fun for me too :)

Also love your poppet LO...I have only ventured as far as fairy poppets, love what you have done!!

Kathy said...

Fab, bright and funky.

Tayla is going to love this!

Vintage Papers said...

just awesome and soooo groovy! love the colors!

Godelieve said...

Great card! Love the funky colors!

Anonymous said...

Gillian I am loving your groovy card, looks really gorgeous, I am loving these Dares, and your layout with the poppet is just fabulous, have a great weekend.

Best Wishes
Carole.

Mary-Beth said...

Fab, groovy, funky!!!! LOL Love the colours together.

Have to work on this one!

Rachel said...

fab work as always - love love love it!!! xxx

jakey said...

oh yes.. the 1970's... I was that disco dancer...! Lol!

Everything was aubergine, avocado and plum... and that was just our dining room!

Thanks for the blast from the past :-)