Friday, July 13, 2007

DCM weekly dare - A visit to the Habberdashery dept.

This week at Daring Cardmakers
it's my turn to dare you all
"Your card can be any theme you like, just as long as it's got something you'd find in a Haberdashery Department on it
Alright then, grab that old sewing basket of yours or raid your sewing machine drawer, have a look at what creative bits are hidding away there....maybe it's buttons, a zip, hook & eye's, ribbons, braids, Dressmaking patterns, tape measures,Pins & Needles, lace, safety pins or embroidery thread....
so many wonderful little treasures just waiting to be added to your next card :O)
I'm going to add one more rule...
Yes you may stitch on your card, but that can't be your only haberdashery item...."
Donna is our Gorgeous Guest Designer for a couple of weeks, Welcome Donna! :O)
so happy to have you join in the fun
So here is my card, I've given into my 'lust for rust' on this card, and used a rusty old 'overalls' buckle and some ribbon for my 'Habby' items.
other bits I've used are - Stamp-it stamp #siset0031k available from Scrap A While, hmmmm can't remember what that paper is... does anyone know...oh I hate that... anyway the green strip is the back of the flower paper, American Crafts MiniMarks rub-on, Maria George crystals (I'll soon own shares in the company at this rate, they are a bit of a fav at the mo), Versa Magic Midnight black inkpad, & My ever trusty sewing machine :O)
Well I know I've been a bit absent from the blogs lately, and it was a much needed rest, I actually think I burnt myself out, and needed to slow down for the sake of everyone who lives with me lol! and myself ofcourse....
I know I've been tagged a couple of times, and I'll get to them shortly (thanks girls)
My kids go back to school Tuesday, it's been such a joy having them home from school, we've been doing lots of craft together, not much papercraft, mostly beading and oooooohhhh I've got something a little different ;o) I'll show sometime over the weekend when they are finished...
anyhoo... have yourself a 'FABBY'
(oooh I do love this word my UK blog friends use) weekend :O)
and I'll catch you around Cyberworld....

28 comments:

jaki said...

ooh, I like this Gill and I love your dare. I recently dragged Mum's old sewing basket out and found lots of treasures in there (as well as a pair of pinking scissors!!) so I will have fun with this dare...plus I have missed doing them the last couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

Yet another FABBY card!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous card from you Gillian. I love that scrummy big buckle and the little addition of bling. So sweet,
Melx

Karen said...

Beautiful card! Love the concept

mum-on-the-run said...

Fabby card Gillian :)

Love the ribbon and the big buckle!!

Leni said...

wonderful card. :)

rubberdubber said...

A beautiful card, I love the colours.

Alhambra Club said...

this is so cool, love it. I am definitely working on this Dare this weekend, you have inspired me.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Last weeks text, & this weeks haberdashery are my most favourite dares of this last two months. Both have got me excited again.
I have a special tag for you & forgot to let you know.
One of those blonde moments when you're sure you did it but realise that you just imagined it done!!!

Gorgeous card, BTW. Love the colours & that stamp.

Rika said...

Wow Gillian, this is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gillian, this is another beautiful card..as always. I know what you mean by feeling burnt out. That is why I took a break for a bit. Hope you feel all refreshed now cuz i love seeing what you are making. Have a wonderful weekend :o)

Vintage Papers said...

Gillian I adore your card.
Beautiful work and the images are always so awesome...
btw - I added another word today..."Fabby"....love it..
I will share one I use...
"spiffy" --when someone asks how I am ;) I think I need to be an Aussie!! :)

Gillian .... said...

Great to see you back Gillian, hope you managed to rest.
Another fab card, love the buckle, and thanks for a great dare:)
Hope to speak soon x

joanne wardle said...

love that buckle!!!
it's a great card!

emilia in Taiwan said...

Absolutely wonderful! Gillian. Your cards always stun me!Take life slowly and creat more cards (or dares?) for us!
I enjoy your cards. Truely!

stamp and scrape said...

This challenge had to come from you! And a 'fabby' one too! Great card from you again - love the stamping.
Sometimes burn out occurs when we take our eyes off the important things - so take quiet times for yourself.
Ros

Megan said...

Gillian your cards are always sensational! This looks great :-)

Megan xx

x said...

Looks fab, love what you did ;-) I have linked you to my blog, if this is ok. ;-)

Lythan said...

brilliant card Gillian (should I say fabby?)I have some of that paper - and now I know what to do with it! It came in a Self Addressed kit so I can' remember the name but think it might be A2Z or 3 Bugs. Enjoy your last days of fambly hols!

Sharon said...

Fabby! It really is! :)

Gorgeous work, Gillian ... love the buckle *thumbs up*

Emma said...

Gorgeous as always :o)

Kathy said...

This is a beautiful card, Gillian and what a fabby habby dare!

Caroline Moore said...

Brilliant challenge Gillian - fab card sample as always.

Anonymous said...

Top card Gillian! The flower paper I think is WeR Memory Keepers - adore the buckle! It's great to see you back in blogland.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous work Gillian and your 'lust for rust' is a special touch lol!!

Sheila said...

Gillian I love the colours you used here. Everything is just gorgeous.

You take it easy hun.......xxx

Night Owl Designs said...

Love this Gillian! The buckle is sooo cute!

Tassy said...

ooooh !!!!!!!!!Awwwwwsome:)))))