Thursday, January 03, 2008

Salt - There your heart will also be.

It was my turn to set the challenge for the next two weeks at
When I chose this theme the time of year came to mind
The Start of a New Yearand so many of us make New Years Resolutions
we look at the New Year as a sign of Change & a time to Grow.
In order to Change & Grow
We must Examine
So this weeks Challenge is perhaps a verse
that may help you to examine
Matthew 6:21
For where your Treasure is,there your Heart will also be.

Well this week I mentioned to a friend,

I've never done a canvas piece,

So decided that was what my Salt contribution would be

I loved it, and plan on making some more

This really is one of my all time favourite verses,

it's one you can't ignore

It's speaks Volumes in just a couple of lines

I've married this verse with this paper,

simply because the way the 'vine' pattern on it,

reminds me that Jesus is the vine (John 15:5)

so one glance at this piece my heart is full of praise

not only do I see the written text

asking where my heart is,

I also see the symbolic reminder of Jesus.

8 comments:

artfulstampin said...

AMEN! He is the TRUE vine, i love the way you've made the TREASURE and HEART stand out.

Hazel said...

This is a superb challenge, Gill and I love your interpretation - very special!

Esther said...

A canvas to be treasured! Thank you for the inspiration, and for helping you my box as a blank canvas. gorgeous vine paper and very appropriate for the text.

Night Owl Designs said...

Gillian, this is a beautiful piece. I love your brooch too!

Jen Crossley said...

Gillian
This is canvas is wonderful I Love the salt effect!!!
And Im with Sephi I love your brooch
Jen

Anonymous said...

Love it Gil.
You always inspire me. Thank you for that.
Barb

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

A beautiful canvas piece. Very inspiring!

Kim said...

Beautiful creation Gillian! And wonderful write up on the challenge - a true blessing!