Sunday, February 17, 2008

Salt - Lent

the new challenge has been set at SALT
it is LENT
you can read about it HERE
oh boy was this a challenge and a half
not just for me, but for a few members of the Salt DT
for me it was because I don't practice Lent
as part of my faith.
but it's always good to have to ponder why you do and don't believe certain things,
and that's what my piece reflects.
I have used Matthew 6:1 for my interpretation on
Why I don't Practice 'Lent'
it would have been so much easier just to have not done this challenge,
but it's been a good thing, to have to learn about Lent
understand why others practice it
accept that it is important to them in their walk with God.
so it's been a great challenge for those reasons
and I hope you'll join in to this week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful interpretation. I don't practice lent either, but am going to give it a go. Perhaps it will give me a better insight into the meaning of lenten practices.
amanda

Hazel said...

This is just right, Gill xx

Kim said...

Wonderful take on the challenge Gillian - I love it and the scriptural focus is just perfect!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Gillian, what an insightful verse to incorporate into this theme. Lent can be something we practice every day, I believe, but this verse reminds us how to do so.

Rika said...

This is beautiful!

Lythan said...

I think what you have produced is fantastic Gillian. I know it took a lot of thinking about to get right - and I think it is right too!