Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sweetheart.....

isn't that little image adorable....
This is the second DT piece I've made using this lovely
Queens Dresser Draws Stamp ' little ledger girl'
and she is a joy to use :)

I think in this last photo you can see the new technique I tried

I dipped a paintbrush in dark brown ink, and then masked th image, using a fine wire kitchen sieve, I held the sieve above the project and rubbed the inky brush on the sieve giving this fine splattered Background... I like it I think I'll be doing this a bit ;)

other bits I used from TSQ are those ever sooooo cute dragonfly brads, Tim Holtz PP, Collections words, and I added the little paper photo corners, which were 'kraft' colour but I just inked them with the versafine inkpad I used for the stamping of this piece.

13 comments:

Night Owl Designs said...

Gillian, I love this! So cute, especially the pink cheeks & bow :-)

Paula J Atkinson said...

She is very pretty. Love the whole piece the colours are gorgeous & so are the papers.
Beautiful pretties below too!

Anonymous said...

its gorgeous.

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

The new seive technique is fantastic. I love all things pink, so I think this is gorgeous. Lovely image too!

Sheila said...

Absolutely beautiful Gillian. What a fab technique with the sieve.
Love your pretties too they're awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Love her! She is just soooo cute!!!!
Barb

Flower said...

I adore this piece so much!
[[[hug]]] Hope my mail made it to you.

Sharon said...

I agree, the image is totally adorable ... as is the whole project, Gillian. :)

Lesli said...

She is beautiful - I love the dragonflies!

Vintage Papers said...

Gillian
she is sooo adorable! Love the embellishments too! :)

Anonymous said...

Too adorable. Love the colors and composition :o)

Kathy said...

gorgeous work Gill

Good to see you finding more crafty uses for kitchen equipment too ;-)

Heidi said...

Wonderful Gillian!! I just cannot resist vintage images in any form!
Very sweet :)