Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pretty Tag :)

yep...still playing with gesso.....
I just love how you can stamp something, then blot out the parts you want with it, and the beautiful 'canvas' texture it gives to paper or card.

This lovely stamp is so suited to all things Pretty & Girly....

I adhered some pink printed paper onto a Collections Luggage Tag Chipboard, then stamped Darkroom Door Little Dreams DDRS009 Stamp onto the paper.

next using a foam brush I dabbed some gesso over the outside edges of the stamped image I didn't want to be seen.. then I stamped with the flourish & script stamps from the same Darkroom Door set using a Celadon shade of ink,

lastly embellished with lace, ribbon, stitching and beads

Darkroom Door Stamps available at

The Stamping Queen

oooohhhh and while you are there check out the gallery,

there's loads of lovely pieces in there to inspire

12 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Lovely new creations. I really like the gorgeous detail on this piece. I love to play with gesso but just don't do it often enough.

Sam Marshall said...

OOoooohhhh!!! How beautiful!!!
xxxx

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Totally goregous tag! (I've been meaning to get some gesso, but now that you say it covers up mistakes -- I'm definitely off to get some:)

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

This is soooo pretty. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colours!

Night Owl Designs said...

Gillian, this is just wonderful, love the pastel colours :-)

Chris Millar said...

Gorgeous work Gillian!! I'm still here lurking around when I can! Hope you're well.

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so clever! I love your "Pretty & Girly" side.
~xx Barb xx~

Hazel said...

Beautiful work, Gillian - glad to see you crafting. Hope you are OK. With love and prayers xxx

Lesli said...

Beautiful tag - I love the charm!!!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous soft colours - and so 'girly' in a lovely classical way.

You are the queen of the stitching - utterly brilliant

SilverMonk said...

Love the big smile of the image!
Glad to see you crafting again and thanks very much for the blog award! I really enjoy checking out the other artists.