Wednesday, March 30, 2011

first shawl.....

I'm very pleased with my latest project

~ Morning Has Broken Prayer Shawl ~ This is the first time I have crocheted a shawl and now I understand the passion people have for making them....it really was a joy from start to finish!
I found this lovely pattern on Ravelry

by Kelly Surace

made using 4 x balls of Lincraft Surprise 'sunset'

and a 5mm hook.

I did alter the pattern a little,

I used a smaller hook so that the pattern was a little tighter.

and I put a different edging on all three sides.

my edging I crocheted a shell border consisting of 2sc,1dc,2sc in first space, 1sc in next space, continue until you reach the centre point

& For Centre Point - in point stitch work 2sc in first space of point stitch, 3dc in centre of point stitch, 2sc in 3rd space of point stitch. (US terms)


You can find the pattern on Ravelry



Thank you so much Kelly for sharing this lovely pattern :)

..........................................


Have a wonderful day

~ Gillian ♥

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I don't crochet but this is gorgeous and inspiring. Love your blog design, too.

Maryann said...

Such a gorgeous result Gillian! Love the colours and the crochet. I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy wearing this wrap every time.

Gillian said...

Thank you Anonymous & Maryann :)

Maryann, I just realised I didn't say this is a gift for a very special lady in my family so I wont be wearing it, But I hope she enjoys wearing each time x

**Anne** said...

This is gorgeous. I just have to add making a shawl to my list crochet projects.
Anne xx

Fernanda said...

Wow Gillian! I can say that this is not only a shawl is a piece of art! I simply LOVE IT! I want to make one for me too!

Fernanda said...

I am sure she will love it!

Just-Do said...

Gillian, this is beautiful. The yarn you choose really is perfect for this scarf. Welcome to the group of scarf-addicts!

Anonymous said...

Lovely colour and such a versatile piece, Gillian.

sylviesgarden said...

Gorgeous, lovely colours.
x

Heather - The Good Life said...

Your shawl is beautiful as is the yarn you used; it looks so soft. Hope you have a nice day Gillian.

Cat said...

Gillian your shawl is just beautiful, the colours and the edging so pretty. Enjoy keeping warm underneath it. xo

YarnRoundHook said...

Beautiful. I love the colour.

Cole said...

Gillian, it's gorgeous!!! I'm sure the recepient will love it!

Lalalizzie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

catherine said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.

trudi@maudeandme said...

So very pretty! Well done

Tammy said...

I love this Gill Its stunning!

Casey said...

the color is very pretty!

renee said...

Oh don't you just LOVE shawls? I love them! I was like you and didn't get it till I made one and now I love them! I can't believe how much I actually wear it. Yours is beautiful! Now I want to go make myself another one right now.

Heldasland said...

Gillian it is beautiful.I am shawl mad thank you for sharing that pattern

'Joyce' said...

Hullo Gillian, oh swoon, this is beautiful. Thank you for sharing this pattern, might just have to put it into my faves to do list. Love the yarn you choose.

Umar Nadeem said...

nice shawl good work man keep it up

fashion

Rika said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn + beautiful stitches = gorgeous

fialka012 said...

❤ ❤ ❤