Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Seaside Tote.....


this is my version of


designed by Stephanie Gage
It is a brilliant little tote/bag to hook, I made this one for my mother-in-law :)

I held two yarns together to make the fabric - Patons Smoothie DK & Sullivans Crochet & Knitting Cotton and used 5mm hook, which made a great fabric for the bag.


I made a couple of small additions - the flap, I made the handles a little longer, I lined the bag and added a magnetic catch to the flap. Details of these are on my ravelry page :)


You can find the pattern on


Ravelry & on Stephanie's blog


Have a wonderful day!


~ Gillian ♥

7 comments:

**Anne** said...

I love this bag!
Have a great day,
Anne xx

Jacquie said...

Wow , turned out brilliant . I love it :0)
Jacquie x

Just-Do said...

You made an already great tote even more beautiful; I love your additions and the lining is great, certainly with the matching button!

melissa said...

That's a lovely bag, I love the colours you've chosen. Gorgeous! - Melissa x

renee said...

What a great bag! I am very into bags lately...

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

♥ . ♥ . ♥♥ . ♥ . ♥
Nice Blog!!
congratulations
from Chile
c@
♥ . ♥ . ♥♥ . ♥ . ♥

Sandy said...

This is so lovely. I really like the lining fabric you have used. Sandy :)